Spring is here and the trees, shrubs and plants that make up your landscape need some TLC. We put together a list of the top ten things you need to do this Spring to protect your landscape. Be sure to contact us if you any questions or have us come out for a free, no obligation consultation with one of our ISA Certified Arborists.
- Prune & Trim – Don’t ignore dead and broken branches on your trees and shrubs. They are future breeding grounds for disease and pests.
- Monitor for Pests – It is important that you monitor your landscape for early signs of pests. The Spring is when many common pests take hold.
- Beware of Brown Leaves – Spring is when things get greener…if it is turning brown or curling up, you may have a problem.
- Fix Winter Damage – Storms, ice and cold may have damaged some of your trees. Make sure to inspect your trees for signs of damage and repair it before it becomes fatal.
- Fertilize – Spring is a time to fertilize your trees, shrubs & plants.
- Clear the Base – Be sure to clear away old mulch and debris that may have piled up around the base of your trees and shrubs over the winter.
- Water When Dry – If it is a dry Spring, be sure to water your landscape.
- Don’t Prune Prunes – Don’t prune or trim your fruit trees in the Spring.
- Get an Inspection – Spring is the time when you should call us out to do a landscape inspection.
- Schedule Your Preventative Maintenance – Be sure to get us scheduled for maintenance on trees that are susceptible to insect and disease. Problems like Emerald Ash Borer, Hemlock Wooly Adelgid, Sycamore Anthracnose, Bacterial Leaf Scorch & Japanese Beetles can be caught early and prevented with proper maintenance.
Why Choose Stein Tree Service?
Our staff is the best in the business and has hundreds of years of combined experience. We have ISA Certified Arborists, Registered Consulting Arborists, Certified Tree Risk Assessor, Licensed Forester, Certified Professional Horticulturalist, Registered Tree Expert and Certified Applicator.
Our equipment is state-of-the-art and radio dispatched for immediate response. The company fleet consists of several aerial lift trucks, chippers, chipper trucks and stump grinding machines as well as various pieces of machinery for right of way work.
Our reputation speaks for itself. We have served thousands of customers throughout the Delaware Valley and maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction. The vast majority of our business comes to us via referrals from past customers.