Free Estimate for Stump Grinding
REQUEST YOUR FREE, NO OBLIGATION ESTIMATE TODAY!
Did Your Tree Removal Company Leave The Stump?
Stump grinding requires special equipment, and many smaller tree removal companies just remove the tree and don’t provide tree stump service because they lack a stump grinder. But most homeowners would prefer to have the stumps in the yard for various reasons.
Why Should You Get Rid of Stumps in Your Yard?
Below are 5 reasons to have a professional stump removal contractor get those stumps out of your landscape.
- Safety – Tree stumps are trip hazards for kids and adults in the yard
- Reduced Curb Appeal – Unsightly stumps affect the look of your landscape and could affect the sales price of a property.
- Insect Infestation – Insects are attracted to tree wounds and a stump is a perfect place for wood boring insects. These insects could end up in your house over time.
- Regrowth – Stumps can grow new saplings, and if left unhindered, tree removal may be required again at a future date.
- Landscape Upkeep – Stumps in the yard make landscaping and maintenance difficult. Mowing and weed control are particularly impacted.
What is Involved With Stump Grinding and Removal?
The stump removal process involves a grinding tool to grind the stump and tree roots into small, mulch-sized wood chips. These pieces can help fill in the hole in the ground level when the stump is removed. In nearly every case, we can remove the entire stump. However, if any root pieces remain, they are typically 6-10 inches deep below the surface. Therefore, the remaining stump pieces will usually decay with no further issues.
Why Choose Stein as Your Tree Stump Removal Company?
Getting a stump out of the ground, especially for a big tree, is a tough job, and leaves a big hole in your yard. Stein Tree Service
- Stein Tree Service is locally owned in Wilmington, Delaware, so we are nearby when you need us.
- We have over 30 years of experience and are committed to causing as little impact as possible.
- Our stump grinding machine has turf friendly tracks and can fit through a 3 ft wide gate.
- We are licensed and insured.
- We have all the necessary equipment to take care of tree stump removal and stump grinding
- We offer total cleanup of the property, including filling the hole back up and seeding grass on the area when requested.
- We offer a free estimate.
- We are a trusted tree care service in Delaware and Pennsylvania.
Excellent service, above and beyond!!!!
I called Stein Tree to come out and check my beech tree. It’s big and old and I love it, except it was scratching my windows and looming over the roof quite badly in a few spots. They came out and gave me an estimate the very next day with no contact. It was a month before they could get out, but I wasn’t in a huge hurry and it wasn’t an emergency! They also told me from the beginning it would be about three weeks, so four wasn’t a hardship.
The guys who came were AMAZING. I asked them if they would confirm a branch would hold the swing I had literally got in that day. They agreed to check and then just hung it up for me!
Kiddo has played on that swing every day since and the tree looks AMAZING.
We had Stein Tree Services remove a huge 50 ft + oak tree located about 2 feet from our house. It had massive branches hanging over our roof and was no small task to remove. They were able to get the tree removed with just a bucket truck (not a crane like some other quotes I got), were done in under 8 hours, and left no mess or damage to the house despite how close the tree was to our home. They were on time for the work, wore all the proper safety gear, and pricing was the best of any other companies we got quotes from. Can’t recommend this company enough!
Highly recommend! Matt is super-responsive and estimates the job with great detail. There are no surprises and they care for their customers yard. It was supposed to rain when the job was scheduled and we easily rescheduled for less than a week later. Very happy with the company’s leadership and in-office staff and the crew as well. All around positive experience and would use Stein Tree again.
OTHER WILMINGTON AREA RESIDENTIAL TREE SERVICES
Stein Tree Service’s other tree care services in the Wilmington, Delaware area include:
- Residential Power Line Tree Clearing
- Emergency Tree Removal
- Storm Clean-Up
- Tree Trimming and Tree Pruning
- Shrub Pruning
- Large Tree Removal
Emergency Storm Clean Up
Tree Service Emergencies
When you have a tree emergency, such as when a tree falls on your property, a lot of damage can occur and you may be unable to wait days or weeks for action. Stein’s Tree Experts offer same day tree service and 24-hour emergency tree removal to meet all of your tree service needs.
Our tree experts are the best in the business and have hundreds of years of combined experience. Our professional tree specialists are trained and experienced in proper methods for tree removal, tree trimming, shrub pruning, stump grinding and other tree services. We strictly enforce our safety procedures.
Our tree care service equipment is state-of-the-art and radio dispatched for immediate response. The company fleet consists of several aerial lift trucks, chippers, chipper trucks, mini lifts, and stump grinding machines as well as various pieces of machinery for right of way work.
Our reputation speaks for itself. We are the oldest independently owned tree care business in Delaware and have served thousands of customers throughout the state. We maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction. The vast majority of our business comes to us via referrals from past customers.
Tree removal can be dangerous, and even professionals can sometimes be injured. When this happens with an uninsured contractor, homeowners could find themselves liable for the worker’s injuries. Stein Tree Service is licensed and fully insured to protect you and our company in the event of an accident.