Is Your Ash Tree Infested with Emerald Ash Borer in West Chester or Another Problem?
Your beloved ash trees could be suffering from something besides Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) in West Chester, but you want to be safe! If your trees are showing two or more of the symptoms below, chances are good that the EAB has arrived. Work with a certified arborist for early EAB detection for improved chances of a successful treatment and to stop the spread of this destructive wood-boring beetle.
Symptoms of EAB Infestation
Look for these telltale signs your ash tree is suffering from EAB infestation. In order to properly identify the presence of this Asian native, look for a combination of two or more symptoms.
• Crown Dieback – as a result of multiple years of EAB infestation, the larvae will disrupt the delivery of nutrients and water flow to the upper canopy, resulting in dieback of the upper and outer crown.
• Epicormic Sprouting – as a defense mechanism, your trees will try to ensure survival when sick or stressed. Signs of new growth at the base of the tree or on the trunk—often just below where larvae are feeding, are indicative of infestation.
• Splitting Bark – feeding EAB larval galleries will develop surrounding callous tissue, causing vertical splits to the bark. When the split bark is pulled away, these larval galleries can be seen.
• Woodpecker Feeding – woodpeckers love to feed on EAB larvae underneath the bark. With excessive feeding on large numbers of larvae, the damages will look like strips of the tree’s bark have been removed.
• D-shaped holes in bark – emergence holes are made as the larvae mature into adult beetles and emerge from underneath the bark.
Call Stein Tree for Early Detection and Treatment of Emerald Ash Borer in West Chester PA
As the EAB continues to spread throughout the country, causing devastating damages to ash trees, work with a certified arborist for early detection and EAB treatment. If you suspect your trees have been invaded by the Emerald Ash Borer in West Chester, you may be able to save them with the use of pesticides and other treatment techniques. Contact Stein Tree Service today to speak with our certified arborists for answers to all your Emerald Ash Borer questions and to schedule your free consultation in West Chester!
REQUEST A FREE, NO OBLIGATION CONSULTATION
Stein Tree Earns Permit to Work in Spotted Lanternfly Quarantine Areas
Stein has a permit to work in spotted lanternfly quarantine areas in Pennsylvania and Delaware. Tree Service Companies have to be trained in proper moving and disposal of materials to avoid spread of the spotted lanternfly and Stein has completed the training courses. Learn more.
Emerald Ash Borer Inspection
In the spring, destructive emerald ash borer (EAB) adult beetles begin to emerge. These invasive pests can destroy your ash trees. Our specialists are certified to treat for EAB in Pennsylvania and Delaware. For a free consultation, contact us today.